Terms & Conditions of Hire
Alternative Wedding Tents
These Terms and Conditions are your agreement with Alternative Wedding Tents (AWT). Alternative Wedding Tents is our Company name. It is owned and managed by Lizzie Spooner.
You are the hirer (client) and once you pay the deposit then your booking is confirmed and you are agreeing to be
part of a legal binding contract between yourself (the name on the invoice) and Lizzie Spooner of Alternative
Wedding Tents (AWT).
‘Equipment’ is defined as any of our alternative tents, plus equipment and all furnishings etc hired through
Alternative Wedding tents by our clients. Alternative Wedding Tents will deliver and set up all agreed equipment, to the address, on the delivery date at
the time agreed between AWT and the hirer. If Alternative Wedding Tents are excessively busy the delivery
time may be changed in agreement with the hirer.
Alternative Wedding Tents will dismantle and remove the equipment from the site on the agreed date and time
as agreed by between the hirer and Alternative Wedding Tents. We allow four full working days for setting up
our Luxury Wedding Packages and two days to fully dismantle and leave site. Please discuss with us if the setting up times don’t work with you, depending on your booking then we may be able to make exceptions on the setting up and dismantle times. .
Alternative Wedding Tents will provide equipment that is in good working order. Conditions of Hire:
1. The hirer accepts full responsibility for the safety of the equipment and the safety of any person who makes
use of the equipment for the duration of the hire period.
2. The hirer is responsible for the safety and security of all equipment from the date of the installation to their
removal from the site.
3. Cats/Dogs or any other animals are not permitted inside the tents supplied by Alternative Wedding Tents. (Only guide dogs are permitted inside the tents).
4. The hirer will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the equipment is not at any time altered or
5. Any damage caused to the tent and its equipment and furnishings will be the sole responsibility or the hirer
and they will be invoiced for the damage caused. We strongly advise insurance to be set up by the Wedding
Venue / Land owner. Please also consider taking out a damage waiver from us to cover any accidental loss or damage. Please enquire. We require to see proof of your wedding insurance to ensure we are satisfied that it covers everything that we are supplying. *Please see below for information on our damage waiver.
6.The hirer takes full responsibility for the actions of third parties that cause safety issues or fire risks and
consequences that result from such risks.
7. Any fire or barbecue or fire bowl must be situated at least 15 feet away from the tipi/yurt and must be
extinguished when un-attended.
No smoking inside the yurts. No open flames or cooking equipment is to be set up in the Yurts / Tents unless
previously agreed with by Alternative Wedding Tents.
8. The hirer will book a pitch that is accessible for Alternative Wedding Tents to access their vehicles and erect
the tents. If Alternative Wedding Tents are given false information regarding the site and cannot access it the
contract may be terminated. We suggest arranging us to visit your site, the first site visit being free of charge.
Any more site visits will be charged at 0.80p per mile from Pilton BA44FJ.
9. The grass should be cut short and no overhanging trees should be above the pitch site.
10. No fires, cigarettes, candles or any cooking equipment are allowed inside the tipi/yurts/tents, unless previously arranged with AWT.
11. All doors should be closed and secured when the hirer leaves the tipi/yurt/tents at the end of the night.
12. The equipment remains the sole property of Alternative Wedding Tents at all times and the hirer is
prohibited from hiring, selling or parting possession from the equipment for the duration of the hire period.
13. Whilst Alternative Wedding Tents will always do its best to ensure that you enjoy the use of the tipi/
yurt, Alternative Wedding Tents cannot be held responsible for bad weather. If we are unable to pitch due to
flooding or adverse weather conditions an alternative date will be offered. Our wind load statement is available on request.
14. Alternative Wedding Tents may, where necessary, use other suppliers for certain equipment requested by
their clients. Any items hired through Alternative Wedding Tents for the purpose of their hirer will be solely the
responsibility of the hirer. If we use other suppliers we will send you their own company Terms of Trading.
15. The hirer may not extend the hire period without prior permission from Alternative Wedding Tents and
Alternative Wedding Tents has the right to decline the request if the ‘equipment’ has been booked for another
destination for that time. If Alternative Wedding Tents agrees to extend the period, the hirer agrees to pay any
extra charges accordingly. Each additional hire day of the ‘equipment’ outside of the agreed hire period as
stated on the invoice, incurs a charge of approximately 15% of the final quote as stated on the invoice.
16. If Alternative Wedding Tents has to clear any rubbish or tables or other equipment not belonging to AWT before dismantling the yurts can commence then additional charges of at least £160 will
incur. AWT will agree with the hirer the day they will arrive to dismantle the tents.
17. Alternative Wedding Tents or any of our suppliers will not be responsible for any injury or damage to
persons/property arising from the use of any equipment under hire. Alternative Wedding Tents or our
suppliers will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage or additional costs that may
arise as a result of Alternative Wedding Tents or any of our suppliers being in default of the performance of its
18. Alternative Wedding Tents will need permission to be on site to deliver and set up the yurts / tents as early
as possible and to stay on site to ensure the work is done on time. The times will be agreed
by the hirer and
Alternative Wedding Tents. Each hire period is normally up to 1 week. We allow 5 days to set up and 1 or 2
days to take down so please ensure you have the right to use the land for this hire period.
19. Our suppliers of ‘extra equipment’ will make every effort to deliver and collect at the times requested by
the hirer within normal working hours Mon-Fir 8am to 5pm, but specific timings cannot be guaranteed.
Removal of goods will be as promptly as possible, but collection cannot be guaranteed immediately after use
from every venue at the same time. It is the hirers’ responsibility to ensure that equipment is kept dry and
secure within the yurt.
20. Alternative Wedding Tents will provide equipment that is in good working order. Electrical equipment will
be PAT tested.
21. The hirer accepts full responsibility for the safety of the yurt equipment and the safety of any person who
makes use of the yurt for the duration of the hire period.
22. The hirer is responsible for the safety and security of the yurt and all other tents hired through Alternative
Wedding Tents from the date of installation to their removal from the site. PAYMENT:
23. If the booking is made within three months of the event taking place we require full payment upon booking.
24. Any deductions to your booking can be made at any time up until 6 weeks after the deposit has been paid and therefore the booking has been confirmed. 6 weeks after the hirer pays their deposit is the cut off point for any alterations to the booking that causes any deductions in what is being booked. We can however discuss additions to your booking. We will do our best to accommodate the hirer. We must have all details secured and confirmed at least
6 weeks before the hire period begins. Any requests for changes after this time are likely to be declined and
Alternative Wedding Tents has that right to refuse any changes at this time.
25. Deposit : A BACS payment or Paypal payment of 25% of the final price is required to secure the booking. Any Paypal payments will incur the Paypal fee.
Once the deposit is paid the hirer is bound by these Terms and Conditions of hire and is entering into a legal
binding contract between themselves and Lizzie Spooner. The deposit must be received within 10 days after
the invoice is sent. The remaining balance is due at least 8 weeks before delivery. Any Paypal payments
will incur the Paypal fee.
26. In the event of cancellation: Should the client cancel the booking then Alternative Wedding Tents will keep
the deposit used to confirm the booking. We can only ‘postpone’ a booking if we can fill the date with a replacement booking on the same dates. We will re-open the dates and hope to find another couple to book it but unfortunately if we cannot, then we have no option but to
retain the deposit. We can offer a slight discount on any future booking.
27. If the invoice has been paid in full and the hirer then cancels the booking three months or closer to the event a
50% refund of the total invoice price will be offered. If at this time the full payment is yet to be received by Alternative Wedding Tents then fifty percent (50%) of the total invoice price shall be payable to
Alternative Wedding Tents by the hirer. The hirer shall be sent an invoice and this will need
to be paid within 1
month of the invoice date.
28. Alternative Wedding Tents has the right to change these Terms & Condition at any time even if your booking has been confirmed so please be aware
of the most recent version by referring to our website.
Corona Virus Updated Terms and Conditions*
If you are forced to postpone your wedding due to Government orders arising from the Corona Virus Pandemic we will help you arrange another date for your wedding as best we can.
There will be no extra charge if you are forced to postpone your wedding due to Government guidelines or a change in the Law surrounding the Corona Virus Pandemic. We will do our best to accommodate our clients during this unsettling time. We will suggest all available dates during a time when large gatherings can take place (subject to current laws/guidelines), even if this means postponing until the following year, and will do our best to find a new date for your wedding.
We will only be able to suggest dates for the current or following year only. If for any reason you decide that you no longer wish to go ahead with your booking, then AWT will try to find another couple to book your weekend. If we cannot find a replacement booking for your weekend then we will have no option but to keep your deposit. This is not ideal and we will do our best to find a suitable date for you to hold your wedding.